Friday, March 20, 2009

A Small Gift


Tomorrow we will be traveling to Rimini to spend the day with my father-in-law and his companion. This will be the first time we will see his companion since she had surgery.
I thought, I should make something for her. What about some roses! So using some small pieces left from my wedding dress, some silk shantung, some grosgrain, and some wooden skewers, I made this nice bouquet.
I do not usually use grosgrain and wooden skewers, or tulle for that matter to make rose bouquets, but it was what we had in the house.
I did pretty good! Now I just have to find a nice box for it, and I think I want to look around for another color ribbon for my bow.
And in a few hours this morning I finished! I still have more time in my day for other projects!!

No comments:

Post a Comment