Monday, March 16, 2009

My Internet World


"Gru sulla Luna" Keiichi Nishimura

Without internet. Wow, I can not imagine how that would be. Living in a small town in the country-side of beautiful Italy is amazing. But what sort of contact do I have with the world?

The internet is my only source of contact with the world. I am by no means a computer whiz and I certainly do not have countless hours to spend on the computer. Recently I have encountered so many sites I have no idea how people have time for it all. Personally I have specific sites in my almost everyday life, but they are also some I could do without.

***Hotmail***

I have been an avid emailer since I can not remeber. In this day and age it is a must! This is the site I go to every morning and every evening.

***CNN & BBC.Com***

I make sure every Tuesday morning is spent watching morning news, world, US, and also a little bit of entertainment news.

***MySpace***

I have never been one for this sort of site. I was familiar with it for a long time but I had never joined because previously I had never had the need or time for it.

Once I moved to Italy, it was difficult to keep contact with my family through phone. Apparently everyone including my mother were avid users of this site. I had to give in, now it is the sole means of sharing photos and keeping in touch with close family and friends.

***Facebook***

Recently joined this site. Wonderful site to keep contact with friends and colleagues. I have regained contact with colleagues of long ago!

***Etsy***

My creative outlet! Through my shop I continue to create for myself and others. I have also met so many creative artisans from throughout the world! I continue to learn about everything, including the site with very informative and helfpul forums.

***Blogspot***

My goal is always to post two blogs a week. This site is also important for my creativity. It also proves to be very therapeutic for me.

Plus at one point I want to post detailed work-shops of various sewing, millinery, and tailoring projects.

***PhotoBucket & Flickr***

I began using Photobucket long ago, I started using it when I began my Myspace page. Now with Flickr I have found it to be a little behind the times.

Just recently Photobucket has added the blog option. With Flickr I feel more comfortable using the site. It also contains groups and I was suprised to how many Etsians are avid Flickr users.

***Indiepublic***

This is in my opionion a wonderful site I have recently become a member of. I have already met so may creative talented artisans from around the world. There is also a large amount of Estians who utilize this site.

Yes there is a large number of shameless advertising for Etsy shops, but their are also positive aspects of this site. Plus I have found amazing Etsy shops through through the advertising.

***Kaboodle & Stylehive***

Last but not least. I have recently become a member of these two sites. My experience with one has not been as good with the other.

Stylehive was very difficult for me to understand, how do you use it? I have also received numerous spam emails. Including a proposition from someone to check-out their "special site." No thanks!


On the other hand I have so far found Kaboodle to be an interesting site. Who does not love fashion? One of my favorite options is my "Wish List", Galliano and McQueen please step inside!! I am always a fan of lovely beautiful fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment